12 Mar 2013

Author 2 Author Welcomes LP!!!



Welcome Laura Prior to ‘Author 2 Author Blog Chat.
Thanks so much for stopping by Laura and the kind gesture of your book, Im looking forward to getting stuck into it: please make yourself at home and well begin as soon as youre comfortable. 

So welcome to the seat here at Author 2 Author BC, if we can could we start with you telling our readers a bit about yourself?

Hi! Okay, well Im 5ft7, blonde, green eyes, with a very womanly figure ;-) I live with my partner in Melbourne, Australia, and I grew up in Newcastle-upon-Tyne in England. We moved over here 3 years ago for some sun, sand and s** sea that would be ;-)
Im actually not just an author Im a Nurse! I currently work in Medical/Oncology/Palliative Care and I adore it! I sincerely hope that my writing career takes off, but even so, I would never give up Nursing fully.
In my spare time of which there isnt a lot, I like to take my gorgeous dog out on long walks, go for brunch with my girlfriends, and shop. I dont like the typical beach holidays Im more of an adventure junkie! Rather than spend a week or two sweating on the beach Id much rather go snowboarding, white water rafting, rock climbing, skydiving etc. Saying that…….there is nothing better than sitting on the beach front on an evening with a pinacolada!

Ah! A fellow Brit!! Or Ex Brit should I say haha! And not only that: wed get on like a house on fire! Totally would love that type of active life style, but Im totally a night-owl, spent most of my time back when I lived in Weymouth/Dorset on the beach at night. Hated it during the day!!! 


Okay and how would you describe your book?

My books are exactly what I like to read. Think Twilight meet 50 Shades of Grey! The series is a mishmash of love, sex, mythical creatures, horror and hope.
My idea of a goodread, not I cant wait to get stuck into it!!
 

So with your normal genre in Love & Romance, Paranormal and Mythological Fantasy, do you tend to stay in the same vein or are you hoping (if not already) to explore new ventures?

The book is listed as paranormal romance, but dont think that its all mushy goo! You know, when I read a book I generally read in this area because it is what I enjoy. I like to be taken away, captured in the other-wordly and the same happens when I write in this genre. Perhaps one day I will branch out into something else. But I like to read about Vampires, Valkyrie, Angels, I love to read about hot, sexy characters having the hottest sex ever..so for now, that is what I will write.


Lol touché!
What inspired you to write your book?

Its a tad strange, but having an overactive imagination like I doI actually dreamed about my main characters. I woke up in the morning and had no other choice but to write it down. Who knowsmaybe it wasnt a dream!


Lol Same! Haha! Thank god Im not the only one ;P
Who was the easiest character to write and why?

Hardest and why?
The easiest character to write was Jasmine. For some reason I felt instantly connected to her. I feel like we share a real bond, and going through the trials and tribulations of her life is a privilege.
The hardest to write was Aidan. I still feel that hes hiding something from me. I just need to wait and it will reveal itself to me when the time is right.

Okay and are your characters based on real people? People you may know or TV/Movie stars?
Nope, my intention was that all of my characters are fictional. I do feel a certain bond with Jasmine however and feel that her and I do share similar character traits.

And without giving anything away, what is/are your favorite scene(s) in your book?
Ooooooh! I know what it is but its so hard to describe without giving away too much. My favourite part is the first time Jasmine connects with Zach! Everything leading up to it, during and the explosiveness after makes me long to jump in the damn book myself!


Lol yeah now I really HAVE to read this book haha!

If your book had a theme song, what would it be and why?

Haha! Hmm, when I wrote the book, I admit I listened to a lot of Mariah Carey and Alicia Keys. I would have to say either Mariah Carey Without You/ I Still Believe, or Alicia Keys Fallin. I cant pick just one!


So this goes without asking but we now know you do listen to music while you work so lets skip this question lol
Whats up next for you?

Well Falling for an Angel is the first in the series and is out now. The sequel Beware the Wolf is due for release at the end of May, and Im working on the third which will hopefully be out towards the end of the year.



What inspired you to be a writer? Is there anything in particular that spurred you on?
I have always enjoyed writing short stories, but my first obsession with the Genre Im in would be the first book I read by Christine Feehan. That then led me to explore other books by similar authors Kresley Cole, Gena Showalter, Cynthia Hand. I was happy just reading until that day when I felt the urge to start writing! 

Do you have any other Talents or hobbies other than your literary wand?
I enjoy a lot of things but Im a little flighty! I tend to get really excited by things and start them and before I finish I move on to something else. For example, I can say a few phrases in 11 languages :-s

Whats came first the chicken or the egg? Lol
The egg. And I reckon someone put it therebut who?


Lol I love the answers I get with this question, its the best question ever!
A little background into your writing: when did you start? What was your first piece? First published piece, tell us about your general history

The first piece was ‘Falling for an Angel. I spent a lot of time trying to go through traditional publishing houses most of whom werent interested in the genre or the fact that I was a brand spanking new author. So I decided to self-publish and test the water. Im also self-publishing the sequel and well see how sales figures go as to if I begin approaching publishers again at the end of the year.

Do you have any favorite books or authors?
I adore Christine Feehans Carpathian series, and the Shadow Walkers and I love Kresley Coles Immortals after Dark series. The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris is also amazing! And rather than the word ‘favourite Id probably use addicted. Lol.


lol
Are you working on anything else besides this?
I have had a few ideas and thoughts about other stories I might like to explore later but Im pretty happy to keep going with Jasmines story for now.  

Here could you give us a few words to people who havent yet read your book (s), sell your work ;)
Jasmine is a young, beautiful woman raised with dishonesty and treachery. When a mysterious stranger enters her life with tales of Angels and Demons she ignores him. As she is abandoned by everyone she turns to drink and drugs; spiralling out of control.
When strange things begin to happen, when beasts begin to hunt her she turns to the only person she knows can help. She finds that the stranger is not who she thought he would be.
Personalities opposite, opposing values, she struggles to understand him. Can they unite and face the evil stalking them? Or will they fail?


So here's Laura's book 'Falling For An Angel'....
Falling For An Angel Book One
A young woman has a terrible past, an even worse present, and a future guaranteed to end in tragedy. When a mysterious stranger enters her life with tales of angels and demons, a terrifying battle for her life begins as a secret regarding her true identity will unravel right before her very own eyes.
Falling for an Angel is a supernatural fiction written by Laura Prior that tells the story of Jasmine who is about to begin a journey with a warrior angel named Zach to unravel her destiny and discovers a powerful sexual awakening, along with the possibility that true love may exist.

Copyright © 2012 Laura Prior. All rights reserved. Crafted By: Xlibris

ISBN 13 (TP): 978-1-4797-3161-9
ISBN 13 (HB): 978-1-4797-3162-6
ISBN 13 (Ebook): 978-1-4797-3163-3

Beware the Wolf

An up and coming of Laura's Books











Here's some of the places you can find Laura....

Find me on facebook at www.facebook.com/fallingforanangel

Or on twitter @Falling4AnAngel



Watch the youtube videos here:

Falling for an Angel


Beware the Wolf


Okay that's all I have time for today but stick around for tomorrows next Author....
xXx

1 comment: