28 Dec 2016

Review: Shades of Sydney

Shades of Sydney Shades of Sydney by Brittney Coon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Before I begin the length in which it took me to finish this has nothing to do with the reading or the sophistication of the book itself. I am an Author and an Editor, so I don't find much time with reading independently that much anymore.
Brittney's book here was utterly gripping. I loved the beginning of this series as I came into it late by reading the last one first. I enjoyed discovering how Sydney became the woman she is and how she was the girl struggling to fit in the beginning.
I loved how things began between her and Jason, the meeting, the games, the fact they both used their friends as excuses to see each other lol That boy has some patience that's all I can say lol
Sydney's partying was out of control, and her 'don't care' attitude, even her disrespect for herself was way too much for my liking, but I love how you watch her change. How you watch her mind change, her feelings and how she uses all that energy she put into her party lifestyle into her new.
I was on that emotional rollercoaster with her and rooted for her, and Jason's future like you wouldn't believe. I even found myself wanting to slap her lol

A must read, and I can't wait to get onto the second so I can conclude my overall enjoyment of the whole series. Sydney and her dystopian world.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment