13 Apr 2013

Alex


This poem was inspired by my beautiful son who would have been ten-year-old. He had Quadriplegia Cerebral Palsy & Myoclonic Epilepsy. Brain Damaged at Birth by Dorset NHS. He passed away on Friday 19th July 2013. Nine days before his 8th birthday. 

As you can probable tell I was very angry back then lol That goes without saying like. Even now today... 10 years on I'm still very angry and hurt by all of it. This is just how I felt at the time. Alex was 4-years-old when I wrote this...

 

Alex <3
Torn

 From the day that you were born, 
And the day that you were torn, 
oh, the forces of my anger, 
To those people!
But they only made us stronger. 
They took your life away from you, 
They starved me of the child you could have been, 
And now we are torn. 
I've spent my life just as torn as when you were born,
Stuck in this notion and forever torn. 
I'm torn from my soul, my body, and my mind, 
But you make me whole again,
You're truly one of a kind.
Even though you're still here, I can't forgive them for what they've done to you. 
They took away your chances in life, 
And still have the cheek to offer me advice. 
With the love in my heart, 
And the blood that flows through my veins, 
I'll keep you protected, 
This will never happen again. 
Torn you are, 
You'll never be the same again. 
You'll never walk, never Crawl, never speak your own name. 
But I'll love you still, 
I speak enough for us both of us! 
Torn or not your still my little boy, 
My reason for living, 
My pride and Joy. 
I don't car what you can't do, 
I don't stress about if you ever do, 
I just want you to be happy, 
And live a long life ... like forever, my boy. 
Torn or not we're still one you and I, 
Torn is nothing when I have you to complete the other half. 
So what if we're torn, 
You and I, 
Torn together and together we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment