8 Mar 2013

Author 2 Author Welcomes GA!!!




Welcome Gina Ardito to ‘Author 2 Author’ Blog Chat.
Welcome hunnie x




Gina Ardito is multi-published in contemporary and paranormal romance and has published several historical romances under the pen name, Katherine Brandon. A native of Long Island, she has become a popular workshop hostess for writers around the country. In honor of her dedication to career, community, and family, she was named a Woman of Outstanding Leadership in the field of Publishing by the International Women’s Leadership Association in 2012. That same year, she launched her freelance editing business, Excellence in Editing. In 2013, the IWLA honored her as one of the organization’s delegates. Gina lives with her husband of 27 years, their two children, and the characters who are still waiting for their stories to be told. 




 We're here about Eternally Yours.
Publisher by Victoria Ardito (26 Jun 2012), sold by Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
ASIN; B008F07QZO



Book Blurb:  
Jodie Devlin's suicide is not the end, merely the beginning. With her future as a living human being irrevocably destroyed, she must become an employee of the Afterlife until a new existence can be created for her. In the realm on the other side of death, she’ll learn how to retrieve ghosts who have lingered too long on Earth. If only she didn't have to work beside a good-looking, arrogant man who baffles and challenges her at every turn.
It's no wonder Luc Asante is so bitter toward women. His former wife ordered him taken off life support, condemning him to service in the Afterlife as one of Death’s bounty hunters. Now he has a trainee—a female trainee who’s as soft-hearted as he is hard, as impulsive as he is methodical. In a place where perfection is the norm, she revels in her imperfections just to drive him nuts.
Traveling through time and space to bring peace to lost souls, Jodie and Luc will be forced to come to terms with their differences and their pasts, to discover a love that might bind them for eternity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
And this is this book we're gunna be asking you about today Gina...
Tell us a bit about yourself?
I’m a twenty-five-year-old trapped in a fifty-year-old’s body, and I have no idea how I got here. I swear I only graduated high school a few years ago. And yet, somehow, I’ve managed to be married for 27 years, with a 22 year old daughter and a 16 year old son. It just doesn’t seem possible. I love ice cream, children, and animals. I have a black thumb, no talent for art or craftwork, and the tendency to come off as a know-it-all. I laugh—loud and often.

How would you describe Eternally Yours?
Eternally Yours is the first of my Afterlife series, a paranormal romance dealing with love after death. After Jodie Devlin commits suicide, she expects her troubles to be over, but they’re just beginning. In the Afterlife, she’ll become a bounty hunter—retrieving the souls who haunt Earth and bringing them back to this other realm. The task requires a glib tongue, charm, and a lot of stubborn determination—the same skills she’ll need to deal with her trainer. Luc Asante wound up dead before his time, thanks to his wife who pulled him off life support. Now he’s stuck with a female trainee who’s as softhearted as he is cynical, and as impulsive as he is methodical. If they weren’t already dead, working together would probably kill them.

What Genre is your work mainly? Do you tend to stay in the same vein or are you hoping (if not already) to explore new ventures?
I write contemporary, historical (under the pen name, Katherine Brandon), and paranormal. The one thing all my books seem to have in common is the humor. I can’t turn off the funny. And it’s not slapstick-the-heroine-falls-face-first-in-the-mud funny. My humor tends to come from the interaction between the characters. There’s a lot of snark in my dialogue.
What inspired you to write Eternally Yours?
I often have ideas come to me in the middle of the night. In this case, only three words kept repeating in my head: “Death’s bounty hunter.” I woke up, wondering...How does one get a job as Death’s bounty hunter? And what exactly would that entail? Then I remembered a line from the old movie, Beetlejuice, where Otho says, “You know what they say about suicides? In the Afterlife, they become civil servants.” Whammo! I had the start of my story. The rest built from there.
Who was the easiest character to write and why? 
Hardest and why?
Secondary character, Sean, was the easiest to write—probably because I wasn’t delving into his dark side. He stayed funny, quirky, and supportive of both my hero and heroine throughout the story. Of course, now that I’m working on the sequel where he’s the hero, he’s become difficult, stubborn, and irritable. Jodie, my heroine, was the hardest to write. She had so many strikes against her going into the story. I mean, she commits suicide in chapter one! It was tough to make her so weak from the outset, keep her likeable, and then try to find her true strengths as the story developed.
Are your characters based on real people? People you may know or TV/Movie stars?
I usually base my characters on combinations of people I know: a relative’s personality with a friend’s looks or a famous person’s looks with a friend’s personality and so on. Eternally Yours was slightly different. When I shared the idea for the story with my daughter, she told her friends, and suddenly they all wanted to be one of the characters. Only Luc and Jodie (my hero and heroine) sprang completely from my imagination. All of the secondary characters, including the ghosts, are based on my daughter’s friends.
Without giving anything away, what is/are your favorite scene(s) in Eternally Yours?  
I love so many of the scenes, but one of my personal favorites is probably when Jodie tangles with the Fury and Luc comes down to Earth with a cadre of bounty hunters to “rescue” her.
If Eternally Yours had a theme song, what would it be and why?
If I had to choose one song, it would probably be Death Cab for Cutie’s “I’ll Follow You Into the Dark.” That might sound corny, but it really does fit.
Do you listen to music while you write your book (s)? If so ... what songs?
Every book has a soundtrack. Different scenes have different songs, different artists, different playlists. I have songs for the first meet, songs for the introduction of conflicts, songs for The Black Moment, songs for the climax, etc.

What’s up next for you?
I’m currently working on Book II of the Afterlife series, Sean’s story, In Your Dreams.
What inspired you to be a writer? 
Is there anything in particular that spurred you on?
I can’t remember a time I didn’t want to be a writer. For decades, it was a secret dream. Then, when I became pregnant with my son, I was confined to home in my last trimester. My husband bought our very first p.c. and said, “This is your chance. Write the book or shut up about it.” I wrote the book and never looked back.
What’s came first the chicken or the egg? Lol
Who cares? They’re both delicious with bacon.

I always love this question and the answers are just awesome!!
 
A little background into your writing: when did you start? 
What was your first piece? 
First published piece, tell us about your general history…
The first thing I ever wrote was in elementary school. I wrote a slogan for Safety Week: “When we’re in a bus, we keep our hands to us.” Sure, it’s cheesy. But it was the sixties and I won first prize. A year later, I wrote a play for Dental Health Week and won again. (We had a lot of theme weeks in those days.) After that, I wrote nothing but notes and plot points for my eventual novel, for the next three decades. Then the Hubster brought home that desktop computer. I finished my first manuscript in 1997. Five manuscripts and eight years later, I sold my first book (Manuscript #4 for those keeping track), which was published in 2007. Since then, I’ve published twelve additional stories, with more to come.
Do you have any favorite books or authors?
I love J.D. Robb’s In Death series, Suzanne Brockmann’s Troubleshooters, and Lisa Scottoline’s Rosado series. I’ve liked a lot of Barbara Freethy’s works and several Jill Shalvis books, as well.
Are you working on anything else besides this?
I’ve also got a contemporary small town series I’m working on: The Calendar Girls. The first two books, Duet in September and Reunion in October, are complete. I’ll start Homecoming in November when I finish In Your Dreams. 
Here could you give us a few words to people who haven’t yet read your book (s).
Sell your work ;)
I write fun stories about ordinary people you want to know. My heroines are your best friends, my heroes are the guys you want to meet in real life. If you’re looking for a lighthearted beach read, pick up one of my contemporaries. Yearn for something meatier? My historicals will definitely satisfy. And for something otherworldly without zombies, vampires, or were-people, check out my paranormals.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Here’s some of the places you can find Gina…
Twitter: @GinaArdito
Links for Eternally Yours 
Smashwords: http://bit.ly/P3uWtx 
Amazon Author Page (with list of all my books): http://amzn.com/e/B001JSBY16

Well it was lovely having you here today, Happy Internation Woman's Day hun, hope you've spent it well. I hope you come back again with 'In your dreams'.
xxx

4 comments:

  1. I love getting to know you all over again, my friend! FABULOUS interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jamie. I appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview. I've never met Gina face to face, but have read her books, including Eternally Yours, and agree that she can't "turn off the funny." (Thanks goodness.) Keep writing, Gina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Sandy! Someday...we'll meet. And the angels will weep for joy. ROFL!

    ReplyDelete