28 Feb 2013

Author 2 Author Welcomes RM!





Welcome 'Ruthie Madison' to ‘Author 2 Author’ Blog Interview. Thank you for stopping by, please make yourself at home and we’ll begin.


A little about Ruthie Madison...
A quote from Ruthie’s fan page that I love and totally respect; Ruthie says “Spirit filled Author who is inspired by the Lord to write fiction, first book is a romance called "Marge"” There is nothing like a strong woman with beliefs, total respect hun x

Okay so Ruthie wants to share with us today her book The Past Hunter.




ISBN-10: 1480239593 ISBN-13: 978-1480239593
Book Blurb: Julie had everything going for her: a job, her own house and her faith, but when a man from her past comes calling for her, her life is turned around. Just who is this man and is she able to resist his advances towards her?

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I wanna give a warm welcome to Ruthie today, our first Christian Author! Welcome Ruthie! ;D x

I have a few stanard questions for you hun...
How would you describe your book? 

I would say that The Past Hunter is a Christian Romance with a  bit of suspense


What Genre is your work mainly? Do you tend to stay in the same vein or are you hoping (if not already) to explore new ventures?

I have been writing Romance. My first book mare is like mainstream because though it starts out secular, it does have a Salvation message in it. I would love to try Romantic Suspense, Christian mystery and down te road children fiction.


What inspired you to write your book?

I would say that God gives me the ideas. They just pop in my head and I play them out.


Who was the easiest character to write and why? Hardest and why? 

Julie is the easiest because she is female and also a Christian so I put some of my values and beliefs into her. Eric is semi easy because I would write out the kind of things I like to happen to me. As for the hardest, I don’t know. I guess I think I know my characters.


Are your characters based on real people? People you may know or TV/Movie stars?   

Not entirely. As I said, Julie is a little of me when it comes to her Christian Faith. Other than that, they are not based on anyone.


Without giving anything away, what is/are your favorite scene(s) in your book?

I love it when he comes up behind her when she does not expect it. It is in the first chapter. There are a couple other scenes like it.


If 'your book (s)' had a theme song, what would it be and why?

I never really thought about a theme song for my book. Maybe something Western because both Julie and Eric are Country in nature although she became a city girl after she moved.


Do you listen to music while you write your book, if so ... what songs?

Yes, I do. It would always be encouraging music like Christian Contemporary. It spurs me on and helps me to not give up.


What’s up next for you? 

Right now I am working on the Butterfly and The Cocoon while I wait for someone to do a cover design or my third book and starting in march I will be sending an editor payments to look at my work  called A Second Chance at Love before I have it published.


What inspired you to be a writer? Is there anything in particular that spurred you on?

My friend Michelle spurred me on. I mainly write for esacpe or wish fulfillment.


What’s came first the chicken or the egg? Lol

Depends on how you look at it ;)


A little background into your writing: when did you start? 
What was your first piece? 
First published piece, tell us about your general history…

My first book Marge really began in the early 2000. I think I have put some of me into and how I feel about my circumstances. A few years ago I shared with my friend Michelle parts of my story. She encouarged me to get Marge published. That was in 2011. Prior to do that, I have been writing stories for a long time. Now I wish I haven’t thrown some of them away. I didn’t have a computer back then.


Do you have any favorite books or authors?

Carmen De Sousa. I just finished She belongs to Me which is a romantic Suspense. I also like Janice Thompson who wrote Fools Rush in.  Lori Brighton’s Mind Reader Series are a fave as well.


Are you working on anything else besides this? 

Just what I told you: The Butterfly and the Cocoon.


Here could you give us a few words to people who haven’t yet read your book (s) 
Sell your work ;)

I have been told that my books are really good! I have three reviews for The Past Hunter! 


Here are The Past Hunter Reviews...

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful 5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!! 1 Jan 2013
 By Scott C - Published on Amazon.com Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
"Past Hunter is a very good read. I started it, thinking I would read a little to help me relax in bed and get to sleep. I wound up reading it straight through!! I couldn't put it down. Good story line with great values. I would recommend this for anyone looking for a good Christian book. Kudos to Ruthie!!!!"

4 of 5 people found the following review helpful 5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book 26 Dec 2012
By Michelle R. Kidwell - Published on Amazon.com Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
"Past Hunter is a good read, I finished it in less than a day, it is well written and flows smoothly, and has a good Christian Storyline. If you like stories of love and redemption I think you will like Past Hunter!!!"

5.0 out of 5 stars God leads to love 5 Jan 2013
 By Cynthia J. Smith - Published on Amazon.com Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
"This book is a story of true love. Julie and Eric have issues and so Julie leaves. Her path leads her to a closer relationship with Jesus. While in her new home, Eric finds her and she is again drawn to him. With the help of her faith, she finds that she must wait for love. Eric tries to get her to return with him and she fights to wait. Her prayers are answered when Eric sees the light. The amazing faith held by the author is present in every word."


Okay that's all we have time for, thank you so much Ruthie and please come again, you're more than welcome. x



No comments:

Post a Comment