28 Feb 2013

Author 2 Author Welcomes LW!




Welcome 'Lisa Williamson' to ‘Author 2 Author’ Blog Chat.
Thank you for stopping by, please make yourself at home and we’ll begin.


About Lisa (Quoted from Amazon); 
I am a wife and mother who just happens to write a lot. While I have written almost every type of story I love to write speculative fiction where characters go through great trials to win through. Right now I have short fiction in publication but I will have longer fiction someday. I also have short fiction in kindle format.


Endings Book 1
A writer since an early age, I have been fasinated by stories where the characters go through changes and develop strength from great trials. I prefer the genre fields of fantasy, science fiction and horror over the general fiction. By placing my characters in fantastical settings I can let them grow and develop in ways that you just can't in a real world setting.
Revenge Book 2

Published in the early days of the ebook movement in a CDRom book that saw little movement I have now taken to the digital age with style. I will continue to set my words free and hope that these children of my heart find homes with caring readers who are willing to look beyond the normal to the fantastical.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Okay hun so how would you describe your books? 
Classic Fantasy with a dark edge to it.
 
And what Genre is your work mainly? Do you tend to stay in the same vein or are you hoping (if not already) to explore new ventures?
Most of my work is fantasy of one type or another but I have written some horror, science fiction and poetry

What inspired you to write your books?
The Saga of Loralil Greyfox books came out of all things the early role playing games. I spent so much time getting into the mind set of the character that I got curious as to what made her the way she is. This has steam rolled into many tales of my Elf maiden/warrior

Who was the easiest character to write and why? Hardest and why?
In this book it would be both in the same Character. Loralil was someone I knew the abilities and the basic personality but writing the tales of how she became who I played her as had me writing a lot of dark things that normally I would not think of.

Are your characters based on real people? People you may know or TV/Movie stars?  
This one is not but characters in my other works have been based on singers and people near and dear to my heart

Without giving anything away, what is/are your favorite scene(s) in your books?
In the first novel my favorite scene came when the group searching for Loralil dealt with a death. It was almost spiritual and let me define how my elves where different from what we see in other fantasy works. In the second book there is a scene that is both scary and heart wrenching when Loralil is trying to deal with a dark thing she did and its effect on her soul.

If your books had a theme song, what would it be and why?
For an over all theme of Loralil's stories I think the Song "Female of the Species" by Leslie Fish..I know an odd little known song but it does speak of how the female is more deadly than the male.

Do you listen to music while you write your books, if so ... what songs?
I have music going most times I am writing, and go through either a Celtic mix or a mix of songs from the 90s. Things like 'Last Unicorn'.

What’s up next for you?
My next book is tentatively titled The Traveler. Another pure fantasy tale with Elves and Elemental masters. This one will be a lighter book than my last few.

What inspired you to be a writer?
Is there anything in particular that spurred you on?
As a young child i was sick a lot of the time and could not go out to play so I started to make up stories for my dolls to act out.  I lived near a small group of trees that held a little hallow that was perfect for fantasy.
Sounds like my own story, I was ill as a child but I wasn't allowed out I remained indoors allot, that's where I started my love of writing :D
 
So, what’s came first; the chicken or the egg? lol 
Ah the conundrum! I would say the egg. That is due to radiation mutated into a chicken.
 Lol I love that question! And you're Answer was awesome! I love the responses I get from it, thank you, Lisa <3 span="">

A little background into your writing: when did you start? What was your first piece? First published piece, tell us about your general history… 
I started writing stories down at about age 13. My first story was an early Star Wars fan fiction that never was read by anyone other than me. My first published piece was a collection of stories under my prior married name, no longer available. It was a collection of my short stories and poetry at the time. My general history is that I am an American who met and married a Canadian. I moved to Canada to live with my husband and raise our daughter, after my older children went to college. Reading and writing have been a part of my way of seeing the world most of my life, with a focus on all things fantasic and magical.
And here you are. Each step we take in life lead us to a better somewhere or a better tomorrow. That was beautiful thank you for sharing that with us, Lisa ;)

Okay, so do you have any favorite books or authors?
I have a number of favorites in both books and authors but my all time favorite books are Sherilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters, Jim Butcher's Dresden Files and anything from Mercedes Lackey

Love the Dresden files! OMG! What a show huh?!


Are you working on anything else besides these?
Many many things. I have a large file of works started and not yet finished.

Here could you give us a few words to people who haven’t yet read your book (s), sell your work ;)   
Now this is the hard part.  I write many different things.  If you like good old fashioned Fantasy without sparkly vampires or sexy werewolves then I am your writer.  If you enjoyed Lord of the Rings but really wanted a strong female lead, try my books.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay here be seen the two Loralil Greyfox Saga;



A village destroyed, it's people slaughtered, a young elf woman enslaved. It is up to her last remaining relative to save her before she too is lost. Her life as she knew it is gone, will he save her before her life ends? The First book of the Saga of Loralil Greyfox, a young elf maiden. She sees her family killed, her village destroyed and everything as she knows it ends.







It has been three years and Loralil can not find peace in freedom. The beings who destroyed her life are still out there and she vows to hunt them down and make them pay for all they have done.

With her uncle, Mika Silvershaft she descends from the hidden elf city to travel to Greymer. Can she find the beings who killed her parents? Should she?

The quest will take her past all boundaries that should bind an elf maid. Will she survive this quest with her mind intact?

The second book in the Saga of Loralil Greyfox.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



That’s awesome thanks Lisa for coming on my Blog Chat, it’s been a pleasure. I’d like you to come back sometime when you finish some of your other work so keep me posted.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Lisa. Nice interview with Ellie. I truly enjoyed it.

    Can you tell us about your tendency to always stab Mother Earth in your covers? :)

    Just kidding. Keep up with your writing. All the best.

    ReplyDelete