22 Aug 2014

Emma Parson's Poetry

A good friend of mine, Emma Parson kindly submitted two beautiful heart-felt writings that I'm pleased to present to you.

Two real issues and anxieties of life that I’m certain everyone will go through at one point or another in their lives, if not already; just know that you’re not alone xXx


Thank you again, Ems for sharing these with us, Hun, big hugs for you xXx


****

Google Images.

I thought you would always be around
My back up when the shit hit the fan
But now you’re gone and I’m left in the dark
The light disappeared never to return


Why did you have to go and leave me alone

Cant you understand that I need you around You’re my heart and soul, the essence of me

Without you I am just a lifeless vessel

Shutting you out was just a phase
I was angry with the world you happened to be in
I needed to vent and you were the target
I never meant to make you feel unwanted

So then I left and abandoned my world
The hateful rift seemed to heal
We got along, you even smiled
The bond seemed to return

I couldn’t tell you what I had been through

It would have broken your heart to know my pain
I kept it locked up and smiled when you arrived Hoping each time to hear those three precious words

But now you’re gone and those words will never be spoken
An eternity of wondering the unknown

Fate was cruel to take you then
To destroy my life, my hope, my dreams

My mind is broken impossible to mend
Happiness is just a dream
My memories fail me but for the anger

I will forever regret my disrespectful ways

- Emma Parson

****


Gazing into the dark of night

Wondering what awaits me

Hopelessly longing for an adventure unknown

A more challenging lifestyle is just a dream

Claustrophobic surroundings all around

Loneliness lurks inside

Desperation to please my one true love

A long lost happiness must surely be found

Surroundings have differed so frequently

But always I had a friend

A shoulder to lean on when times were hard

Have they finally come to an end

My darling I love with heart and soul

I will stay whatever the consequence

Is true contentment at the deepest level

Unable to truly answer I am afraid

- Emma Parson

****

No comments:

Post a Comment