22 Aug 2014

Clare Davies Poetry


A great entry by my childhood friend Clare
Image provided by CD
Davies, whom lives day to day with diabetes. I challenged  her to write me a poem about herself. 
What started this? She had originally posted on her wall an amazing poem about Facebook and all the other media centres that we use today and I thought it was class. I don’t expect anything more or less from Clare to be honest, because she’s always been a person to tell it like it is, and I have always admired her for that.
As I stated before I challenged her to write a poem about herself and it’s not a subject many people address, but I totally think at one point or another it’ll be a question we all ask ourselves – Who am I?

Recently I was asked the same and I tell you what, it threw me something stupid – Who am I? Lol 

Anyway - it took me a while but I gotta give it to Clare she’s spoken straight from the heart and gave me exactly what I asked for. I told her the subject I wanted her to write and she did it, in less than 40 minutes she had a poem that told me all about 'Clare’.

Without further ado, here’s what she wrote and it’s perfect. 
Thanks again hun for sharing xXx

****

Dan gave me the subject to write about ‘Clare’

Should I put it to paper, oh would I dare?

I always use humour to hide how I feel

Using a joke protects me from what's real

But I do tell the truth cos it's always best

But writing this down is truly a test

Daily I joke take the piss out of you

But people don't know what I sometimes go through

Got diabetes after 26 years

Had me struggling since and daily in tears

www.nabiblackseedoil.com
Denial has got me in such a state

Hate bloody counting the carbs on my plate

Complications didn't scare me, thought they were lies

Till I lived the effects it had on my eyes

Having four children I should be strong

But sometimes I go about it totally wrong

Worked really hard to lose weight and get fit

But size doesn't matter cos I still feel shit
I crave a night’s sleep when I don't wake with a scare

Hate being lectured but it's just cos they care

www.iran-daily.com
We all have our demons we struggle and hide

I'm on the diabetic express along for the ride

Being type 1 I feel like I've lost a fight

Feels like my future is damaged and slight

I'm so exhausted I'm so fucking beat

So angry I get when I refuse something sweet

Sometimes I feel trapped and want to be free

Constantly ask why fucking me

My attitudes changed cos I'm feeling sad
I've not acted rightly and made others sad

I've hurt those around me and messed up in huge ways

I hope they forgive me one of these days

In the grand scheme diabetes is small

Image provided by CD
But for me right now, I'm consumed, it's my all!


-          Clare Davies


 

****

No comments:

Post a Comment