26 Feb 2013

Author 2 Author Welcomes LU!!


Welcoming Author Lavinia Urban to Author 2 Author Blog Chat. Whoop Whoop!
Thank you for stopping by hun, please make yourself at home and we’ll begin.
 



A little bit about Lavinia....
Lavinia has written the Erin the fire goddess series.Via Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
ASIN: B0085L3SDC
ASIN: B009WWIXWY
Follow Lavinia on Twitter , Series Twitter & Facebook and on her Blog





Okay so we're gunna have a quick visit because we all know how busy it is being an Author haha! And the added stress that we've both just decided to blog lol ;) aye aye gurl!

Okay so, Lavinia, how would you describe your books?

I have one that is just a poetry book called Urban Verse, then I have my book series called Erin the Fire Goddess. The first called The Beginning and the second called Betrayal; the third book will be out in a couple of months and will be called Torment. My book series is about a young girl who has grown up with a birthmark on the left side of her face and because of it she has been labeled a freak. Her family moved to her parents’ home town of Galladale where Erin becomes a victim of bullying. During the ordeal she soon discovers that she has special powers and she isn’t the only one.


What inspired you to write 'your book (s)’? 

My poetry is inspired by everyday things. Love being a big factor.
My book series is inspired by my children. It mainly started out because
my eldest was being bullied and I wanted to show her that she can overcome anything if she just believes in herself. The main character is named after my eldest daughter and her sister is named after my youngest.

Aw that's fantastic, I love that! Myself a mother I can totally relate to that because my son also is a main factor in my inspirations and a major drive in my life. Thanks Lavinia xx

Okay and who was the easiest character to write and why? Hardest and why also?

My easiest is also my hardest. It is my main character Erin. 
I had to get inside her head. Luckily I was a victim of bullying as a child so I know exactly how it feels. On the other hand I have never had special powers…… well besides the powers to chat a lot lol.

Lol you and me both gurl! xx

Without giving anything away, what is/are your favourite scene(s) in your book or books?

My favourite scene has to be from book one (The Beginning). It is when Erin discovers she has powers and the only person who is willing to approach her is Sean (the boy she has a crush on). He tells her they are soul mates. It is such a touching scene. Erin is in a panic, fire is running up and down her arms. Her mum is scared and runs off and then there is Sean, he runs his hands up his arms and distinguishes the flames. His special power is water.

    
Do you have any favorite books or authors?

I love Alexia Purdy and Kristie Haigwood. They are truly amazing writers.


If your book (s) had a theme song, what would it be and why?

Well my readers have said that when they hear Alcia Keys – This girl is on fire, they think of my book series

Dammmmnnn thats awesome! There ya go, a theme song for when it makes Movie ~wink wink~ 

Do you listen to music while you write your books? If so ... what songs?

Oh yes, music helps me to write. A lot depends on my mood. However I am a huge r&b fan so I play that a lot.


What’s up next for you?

I am currently trying to complete book 3 in my ETFG series, aswell as a bonus book called ‘The Diary of Elizabeth Tait’ which is the diary of Erin’s great grandmother. I am also writing a zombie style book set in the Sutherlands of Scotland.


Awesome right okay so here are the two books we've been chatting about; Erin the Fire Goddess Book One; The Beginning and Book Two; The Betrayal.







Erin Tait is a 15 year old girl, born with a birthmark covering the left side of her face. She moves to her parent’s home town of Galladale, where all is not what it seems. From day one, Erin is bullied by Jessica Watson, for looking at Sean Jackson. Why is she trying to keep Erin away? It’s hard when Sean goes out of his way to talk to Erin, causing the bullying to get worse. Erin is lonely and scared; she doesn’t know what to do. Can she control the fire inside?


Most 15 year old girls usually only worry about what clothes to wear, but not Erin Tait. Erin just has to try not to set fire to anything. Easier said than done when she can’t control it. Louise Clarke is a new girl who seems to have some type of seductive power and she says she can have any man she wants, but the only man she wants right now is Sean. After discovering the diary of her great grandmother, Elizabeth Tait, Erin realises that all is not what it seems. Or rather not everyone is who they seem to be. Who is the invisible man? And what secrets does he hold? Can Erin stay away from him? And can she keep Louise away from Sean?

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Okay well thanks Lavinia for coming on the Author 2 Author Blog Chat. Lavinia is also doing the same thing as I since we agree to do this together, partner ;)
Motion yourself over to her Blog and check out my interview with her.

Until tomorrow guys thanks again....

 Tomorrows Guests are:
  • Alexandra Anthony
  • Robert Kintigh
  • Rick Carter-Squire

No comments:

Post a Comment